Last updated: 1st June 2018
Who We Are:
Our website address is: https://lunathecat.com.
1. Information Collected
Luna The Cat.com may collect certain personal information from you when you register to use the Website or its services and features. We may also collect additional personal information, including your physical address, in order to deliver products. We may also collect certain non-personally identifiable information from users of our site, such as their Internet Protocol address, the type of browser and operating system they use, the domain name of your internet service provider, and the web pages, content and advertisements you may have visited, viewed or clicked on. We collect this information in several ways, including the following:
- Cookies: Cookies are text files placed in your computer’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies do not contain personal information, but if you choose to furnish us with personal information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie. We may use “cookies” to maintain a record of your visits and to improve the content and services on our site.
- Web Server Logs: Information gathered through cookies and web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at this site, and the websites visited just before and just after our site.
- IP Addresses: Our system may also collect your IP address, which is a numerical address that is used to identify a computer connected to the Internet. We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our site, to deliver web pages to you upon request, to tailor our site to the interests of our users, and to measure traffic within our site.
- Public Posting: If you post in the comments of a blog post on the Website (or anywhere on social media), you should be aware that any information you share is visible to other users. Personally identifiable information you submit to one of these forums can be read, collected, or used by other individuals to send you unsolicited messages. Luna The Cat.com is not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums. For example, if you choose to make information, which was previously non-public, available by enabling certain user features, (such as blog comments) Luna The Cat.com will collect that information from your interaction and the information will become publicly available.
2. Information from Minors
Luna The Cat.com does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. Nor do we collect information from any individual under the age of 18 without the consent of a parent or guardian. If you believe that your child has registered on our site or that we have collected information from your child, please contact us immediately so that we can remove that information from our database.
3. Information You Share
When you communicate with us
When you join our mailing lists
You can manage your preferences or unsubscribe at any time by following the links in emails we send you.
4. Information We Collect
If you join one of our mailing lists, we track how you interact with emails we send you. This helps us to understand what is important to you and improve the content we provide. We track whether you open our emails, which links you follow, and when you do so. You can manage your preferences or unsubscribe at any time by following the links in emails we send you.
5. Information We Share
We use third parties to provide services to us, such as:
o Managing mailing lists and delivering email o Hosting our websites
o Helping us analyse the use of these services
Legal Disclosure, Safety and Security
We may preserve, use, or disclose your personal data if we believe it is reasonably necessary to:
o Comply with a law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request
o Protect the safety of any person
o Protect the integrity of our platform, including to help prevent spam or abuse o Address fraud, security, or technical issues
o Protect our rights or property or the rights or property of those who use our services
6. Managing Your Data
Understanding your rights
It is important that you understand your legal rights around your personal data and how we may use it. If you would like to discuss or exercise any of these rights, please contact our Data Controller at firstname.lastname@example.org
Right to be informed
Right of access
You have the right to access a copy of your personal data and receive certain information about what the data is and how and why we are processing it. We will ask you to prove your identity before we can disclose any information.
Right to rectification
You have the right to request corrections to your data if you believe that any information we hold are incorrect.
Right to erasure
You have the right to request that we delete your data.
There are some circumstances where we may need to keep your details, for example, if we are legally obliged to do so. If this is the case, we will explain and discuss these circumstances with you.
Right to restrict processing
You can request that we restrict processing of your data, as an alternative to deleting it – this means that we will keep the data but stop processing for most purposes. You may want to exercise this right if you feel that the data is inaccurate, that our processing of it is unlawful, whilst we progress a request from you to object to processing, or if we have no further need of the data, but you require us to keep it in relation to the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
Right to data portability
You have the right to request a copy of your data, in readable form, and have us transfer it to another organisation. There are some circumstances where these rights may not apply, but where this is the case we will always explain this to you.
Right to object
You have the right to object to the processing of your data.
Rights related to automated decision making
You have the right to avoid being subject to decisions based solely on automated processing (including profiling) which has a significant effect on you. We do not carry out any such processing.
7. Data Retention
We keep records of your communications with us for six years in case we have to refer to a conversation or enquiry. This could be because it relates to our legitimate business interests, you are still in communication with us, or for legal reasons.
We keep your contact information on any mailing lists you chose to join unless you tell us otherwise. If you haven’t opened one of our emails for some time, we may contact you to ask if you still want to hear from us. If you unsubscribe from a mailing list, we retain some basic information to ensure we don’t contact you again in the future.
8. Third-Party Websites and Links
Luna The Cat.com may link to websites, products and services operated by third parties. Luna The Cat.com is not responsible for and does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the availability, contents, products, services or use of any Third Party Website, any website accessed from a Third Party Site, or any changes or updates to such sites.
These linked websites are only for your convenience and therefore you access them at your own risk. You acknowledge that you bear all risks associated with access to and use of content provided on a Third Party Site and agree that Lunathecat.com and associated companies are not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort you may incur from dealing with a third party. You should contact the website administrator for the applicable Third Party Site if you have any concerns regarding such links or the content located on any such Third Party Site.
10. Contacting Us